Mar 22, 2006

brings back memories

Oh Wow... I had almost forgotten about that phrase. I had almost forgotten about that time in my life, when I was in college at MSU. Sitting outside on the porch with Jo and Marc and Andy, chillin' out at the house in the country, pickin-n-grinnin, walking down the train tracks, going to frat parties, but never pledging, the crawfish boil where we burned everybodies lips (when Chip and Scott came up from cajunland), grilling meat, eating pop-tarts for breakfast and mac-n-chesse for dinner, pipes busting in that cold march freeze, being cold with pitiful heaters that only warm about 1 foot radius, burning pennies in the fireplace. That was a fun time.
Thanks for the reminder Jo.

11 comments:

kathleen said...

Stu,
Those were great times. I remember that you went through a string of girlfriends named 'Stacy'. :) Do you remember Marc's 'Stacy Song'?

Hanging out with Marc and Joe (the other one) was the highlight of Smith dorm (of course, we were the only white boys on our floor. Heh.

Stuart said...

Smith dorm... oh wow.

John said...

Ah...Yes, I remember Smith dorm. The Bud, all the Stacys, the bud, and playing the mandolin! Stu, Marc, Joe, and Joe picken and grinnen while everyone else went to class. Those were the good 'ole days...oh wow! ;-P

kathleen said...

John, Do we know each other?

John said...

You don't remember me? I am hurt. I wasn't part of the inner circle but...I even sat behind you in Kenyon's class, Joe!

Stuart said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Stuart said...

john you screwed up with Kenyon...wrong school. sorry to make you feel left out.

did Mr. George T. hit you too hard?

John said...

George busted my face! He broke my ribs and "curbed" me [see American History X].

I am going to see him again right now -

http://www.tastings.com/scout_spirits.lasso?id=167834

http://www.whiskymag.com/whisky/brand/george_t_stagg/whisky1999.html

kathleen said...

John, you had me there. Too bad, though. We could have had some great reminiscing together.

Kate's Dad said...

oh wow.....
that was funny...
copenhagen was sang more than a time or two...

Stuart said...

i almost forgot...
a little Robert Earl Keen
...you can see it in my smile

Resurrection Hope

Why does the Christian perspective seem so weird? Why does gospel teaching seem so disconnected and impractical? It is only weird and impra...