First of all, I want to thank all of you for your faithful prayers and support. We have been tremendously blessed these first several months on the mission field. While there were some hard times with the children being sick, overall things have been great. We are getting more and more adjusted to life here. We were also able to go on a trip to Huaraz, Peru with our summer fellows at the end of their term. The discipleship at the wood shop has been very exciting. There have also been some exciting challenges and adjustments with the business side of things.
Praise and Prayer List:
- Praise that Megumi is beginning to get more sleep now that Sam is sleeping better.
- Praise that Samuel and Satomi are both growing well and adjusting to the climate.
- Praise that the mission team visits went extremely well thanks to our short-term team coordinator, Alleen Mclain’s hard work!
- Praise that Norvil & Flor were married July 31! Norvil is one of the woodworkers and is growing tremendously in his walk.
- Pray for the growth of the men in the shop as we are walking through an overview of the Bible every morning before work for nearly 1 hour. We are currently in the middle of Exodus.
- Pray for the success of gift shop sales in the States as we are gearing up to send a shipment next month and open up sales on our www.parishfurniture.com website after they have time to arrive hopefully early October!
- Pray also for other hopeful opportunities in selling furniture in the States.
- Praise that we have received so far 3 custom orders for local construction! This will challenge our departure date on the gift shop items but it is exciting. Pray also for continued entry into the local market as we are broadening our market in adding gift-shop items.
- Pray for wisdom as we consider how to continue with Parish. We are evaluating the best timing of how long to employ our woodworkers and/or transition them into their own business where we purchase their products and continue working with them in discipleship. Pray for their development in learning how to manage business in a way that glorifies God.
- Pray also for Parish as we look for another shop location to lower costs and to be ready in case the owner fulfills his hopes of selling the property.
- Pray for Stuart’s father, Albert, as he continues to battle prostate cancer. His PSA levels are rising and they may discontinue chemotherapy. However, he feels great right now.
- Pray for Stuart’s Aunt Kathleen who recently received news of liver cancer.
- Praise that Meg’s sister is coming to visit us for two weeks!