Jan 17, 2018

Prayer Requests

A while back I mentioned gratitude for a pastor from a supporting church who regularly writes me to inform that the church will be praying for us and to ask for new prayer requests. Again it makes sense to take the same time to respond to them and also let all of you know the same prayer requests. Thank you for your support. God does expect and use our prayers to do His work. 

     As always it is great to hear from you and be reminded that y'all are praying for us. I hate to say that we are in the beginning of summer and have been having some nice summer days lately, although today is a little cooler and more overcast than normal.  I pray that y'all enjoy the snow day and that it is not too cold.
     We are busy trying to get balls rolling for our preparation to leave. I just yesterday met with a group who will be managing the Areopago classes while I am gone. I am thankful to be working with a team. I am also excited to see the apprentices stepping up with leadership and service in the church. Actually, that is one of my prayer requests. We are still praying for funds to employ some of them as assistants.
     A second prayer request is for a few people in our church who seem to always have trouble getting along. I am not surprised that we will always have conflict and disagree with each other in the church but there are a few who are central members of the church that distrust one another. My prayer is that God will work so in their lives that by the end of the year they will not only get along but actually love each other as Christ loves each of them, even if they still disagree with each other. 

We just found a great deal on plane tickets and have the date set for arriving to Louisiana March 30.  We have a lot to do to wrap things up  in Peru and make preparations for the next year. 

No comments:

Resurrection Hope

Why does the Christian perspective seem so weird? Why does gospel teaching seem so disconnected and impractical? It is only weird and impra...